Sunday, October 24, 2010

Oink.

I love the fall.  September, October and November are my favorite months of the year.  When I think of Fall I think of Sunday night dinners filled with roasted meats and vegetables, chicken and beef stock simmering all day on the stove top, pumpkins and warm apple pie.  October is also special to me because it's when I met my wife 6 years ago.

Every Sunday morning Sarah and I do our rounds, Whole Foods, Trader Joes and my favorite Savenor's ( a specialty grocery store located in Cambridge where Julie Child used to shop.)  Savenor's is great, they have everything from Waygu strip steaks to Raddle Snake and even Lion.  I went with a safer choice, I bought a beautiful piece of local pork belly which i'm gonna braise in beer and serve with roasted potatoes sauteed  apples. I LOVE FALL.

1 comment:

  1. That looks delicious, Eric! I need to get myself over to Savenor's pronto. How'd you choose what beer to use? Did you decide by what you like to drink?

    ReplyDelete